Friday, August 6, 2010

Splash!

It's a well-known fact around here that water is Miss A's very favorite thing. Ever. Pool, tub, water table, fountains...you name it, she loves it.

After several days of too-hot-to-LIVE heat here in KC, we finally had a nice 80 degree day. Grandma Brown and I took Amy and her cousins, Luna and Alex, out to Crown Center, where they have a fantastic fountain area that kids love to run in and out of. The jets were a little too forceful to let Amy walk through on her own, so I carried her with me while we followed Luna around through the fountains.
We were soaked. It was so fun, and I felt like a kid on those days when the firemen would open the hydrants. It was awesome to hear Amy squeal with delight, and watch her put her hands in the 8ft high fountains.


She cruised around on the benches, and crawled around the perimeter, splashing in the puddles. Then, she let go of one bench and started toddling toward me...and didn't stop!!! She took 10 steps to me, and since that day has been walking non-stop.

The kids were spent, and all of them fell asleep in the car on the way home. Such a fun day.


No comments: