Thursday, January 20, 2011

Snow Days

I've got to be honest. I love a snow day. As a caregiver for teachers' kids, it's one of the perks.

To a point.

The downside is that I don't get paid for snow days. Since Dec 21, when Christmas break began, we've had a total of 6 IN-school days. Yeah.

Now, I'm from the land of lake-effect snow. 7 inches of snow is a drop in the bucket. There's no way we'd have had all these snow days in northern IN. But somehow this area of the country is surprised every year that it actually SNOWS in the winter. Imagine! It's crazy! And people are unprepared every. year.

So I guess I don't have much of a choice but to grin and bear it. And maybe play in the snow a little bit too.

1 comment:

Barb Bathon said...

I feel the same way about people in South Carolina. They are always shocked that it gets cold and sometimes snows.