Monday, January 9, 2012

Happy New Year!

Well, hi there!

2012. Wow. Another year has flown by, and it's time for those resolutions we hear so much about!

I don't usually make them...they're a lot like what Mary Poppins calls "pie crust promises", easily made, easily broken.

So this year, I thought about what I wanted this year to look like. I want to keep a better record of my kids lives. A lot of moms make blog books at the end of every year, a kind of scrapbook to document their kids' milestones and remember the everyday that can so easily be forgotten. So that's resolution #1:

Blog once a week. I know, I know...we're already in the second week of the year. Better late than never!

I've been thinking a lot about the way I live my life. What it revolves around, whether I'm really living my vocation well, whether or not I'm putting too many things before God. I came to a few conclusions: I don't pray enough. I spend a lot more time complaining about my children than I do being grateful for them. I put my husband last, so he almost always gets me at my worst, and I don't make any effort to give him my best.

I think all of these things can be wrapped into one resolution:

Put God first.

When I do that, I remember to pray without ceasing. I remember to see the things about my children that are wonderful. I remember to treat my spouse as the gift that he is.

So, those are my resolutions. With any luck, I'll remember to do this again next week. Would it be totally pathetic if I had to write it on a calendar to remember? Whatever it takes, I guess! Happy New Year!

No comments: